Construct 3 lets you make your own game from your browser - no coding required! Create your first game from scratch with Construct 3's free game engine.
Learn to build your own games with hundreds of game maker tutorials. Construct 3 also comes bundled with lots of templates and example game files.
What's New in r148
Release r148 was published on 7 May, 2019
It's a new stable release of Construct 3! If you're updating from the last stable release r142, then this update includes changes from r143, r144, r145, r146, r147 and r147.2.
• Timelines are now enabled by default! Try out the new Timeline bar to create sequences of animations, including a visual editor in the Layout View. We'll be posting more news about this soon and updating manual entries to cover it shortly.
• A new built-in functions feature to replace the old Function plugin! To find out more see the blog posts Construct 3's new redesigned functions and More about Construct's new functions, check out an earlier video summary of the feature, and read more in the manual entry on functions. Note that the old Function plugin is now deprecated meaning it won't appear as an object to add any more, but existing projects can continue using it.
• A new Bluetooth plugin allowing you to connect to and communicate with nearby Bluetooth devices. Check out the Bluetooth - device name example to try it out.
• Support for Raycasting in the Line of Sight behavior. Check out the Raycast reflections example or the newly updated Instant hit laser example for demos.
• Support for sharing files including screenshots and videos with the Share object. Note this currently only works in mobile apps or in Chrome 75+ on Android, but it should be supported more widely in future.
• Multiple local previews - just hold Alt when clicking preview, or use the Alt+4 / Alt+5 keyboard shortcurs.
• Lots more - see all the intervening release notes for everything else!
We'll be starting a new beta release update cycle soon. If you'd like to help test it, try the beta release opt-in: choose Notify me about updates for beta releases in Settings. Stay tuned for more updates!