Construct 3 lets you make your own game from your browser - no coding required! Create your first game from scratch with Construct 3's free game engine.
Learn to build your own games with hundreds of game maker tutorials. Construct 3 also comes bundled with lots of templates and example game files.
What's New in r166
Release r166 was published on 16 Sep, 2019
This release adds a new 'Move To' behavior. This can move an object to a position over time - but unlike the Tween behavior, it works using an acceleration, maximum speed, and deceleration. This makes it easier to produce a smoother and more natural movement.
In addition to the basic "move to position with acceleration and deceleration" feature, it also covers more including:
• Adding multiple waypoints to follow in sequence
• Rotating the object as well, so it makes turns in between waypoints
• Following a path set out by a timeline - allowing you to use the timeline editing tools in a layout to visually design a path to follow
• Following a path found by the Pathfinding behavior, allowing using 'Move to' as an alternative movement scheme to the built-in Pathfinding movement. ('Move To' is also guaranteed to land exactly on the target position.)
• Automatically stopping if hitting a solid
This has been a popular feature request for a while, so we're pleased to make the first release of this behavior! Be sure to check out the updated Move to position and new Move along path examples for demonstrations of how the behavior can be used.
As ever there are a few more bug fixes and updates in this release, and there's plenty more work going on behind the scenes too. Stay tuned for more updates.